Monday, April 7, 2008

Sometimes Only Lace Will Do

Maybe it was a very delayed response to Malabrigo March Madness or a subconscious joining of Project Spectrum-Fire after the fact.




I found myself at Twisted which has probably the best selection of Malabrigo in Portland. I felt compelled to rid myself of the negative knitting juju of this (an utter waste of time and beautiful yarn).




Once again I returned to what is comfortable and cast on another Shetland Triangle in Malabrigo Lace because clearly two STs are not enough.




The colorway is Sealing Wax and in my defense I will say that:




1. I have been actually wearing ST #1 quite a bit lately.


2. I am embarking on slightly new ground by actually knitting lace in lace weight yarn.




I have already had frustrations with the latter, it tied itself in a tight little knot this morn which, pre-caffeine, I was forced to knit up into the shawl after hopeless attempts at unknotting. It amazes me with laceweight how quickly the stitches add up as the triangle is still so dainty.





I worked a few rows today at work during meetings but it is still so wee.

4 comments:

Stella said...

Man, isn't Twisted just divine? I have developed a serious weakness for Malabrigo lately and can't wait to try the laceweight -- I'm thinking the Hanami stole, maybe?

Your ST looks beautiful! Are you happy with the yarn besides the aforementioned knotting?

Courtney said...

The yarn is so soft it feels like cashmere.
It is loosely plied and like other Malabrigo probably will pill and would fuzz like crazy if frogged. But yes, I love, love love it!

Sam said...

Oooh I can't blame you... I'm a little addicted to the ST myself. And that colour is divine!

Courtney said...

Thanks Sam!
It is just such a soothing pattern to knit and it turns out so lovely!

Courtney Knits. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr