Sunday, January 25, 2009

Urban Decay





I searched and searched for a Martha Stewart worthy backdrop for this photo shoot but instead I was blessed with wind and a tiny bit of sun at the end of the day in the local baseball diamond. I kinda like the results.
My NEW camera has amazingly zippy shutter speed and it was fun snapping away as the blanket danced away for me.
The blanket is, in real life very far from industrial. It is soft and thin yet warm with lovely drape. I hate my seaming but I hate seaming in general so probably it's not so bad it's just me wishing for unattainable seamless-ness.
More juicy details (disasters and all) for Ravelry users here. This has been a long drawn out one and I felt tremendous relief in moving it out of the knitting basket and onto the couch.

Pattern: Block Striped Afghan by Sarah Dallas
Needles: US 6, 4.0mm
Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed DK
Started: January 2006


3 comments:

Sam said...

It is beautiful. And I love the pictures.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! Major accomplishment. I'm totally covetous.

Neuroknitter said...

I love this blanket! And what great photos!!

Too bad the sun wasn't around today! ;)

Courtney Knits. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr