Sunday, February 8, 2009

Queen of Beads



I couldn't help myself. I absolutely had to sign up for the Rockin' Sock Club again this year. I decided that to justify the expense to myself I needed to make a more concerted effort to actually knit the kits as they arrived rather than fondling them lovingly and adding to the stash.
Luckily for me the first kit of the year was beautiful and also constructed in a cuff down manner, mostly familiar to me and without frustration.
I did learn a new cast on (tubular) and knit for the first time with beads (love it!).



Pattern: Queen of Beads by Sivia Harding for BMFA 2009 World Sock Domination Tour
Yarn: BMFA Lightweight Socks that Rock in 'My Blue Heaven'
Needles: US 1, 2.25 mm
Size: Large with minor mods, decreased foot after gusset to 32 sts.

2 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

Mercy! I haven't even cast on yet!!
You go girl!!

Your socks look great!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous!!! I haven't even cast on either!! But seeing all the finished ones helps me feel like I can knit these, beads and all!! Great job!

Courtney Knits. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr