Saturday, January 20, 2007

'Roid Rage

I was happily in bed, knitting along to a movie, having a very mellow Friday night when I heard a rustle. I live with three dogs (one of which is a 9 month old puppy) and my ears have become very keen to OK noises and not good noises. This was a suspicious one to say the least.
I went into the living room to find my 11 year old Tempest chewing up my knitting basket and drooling and chewing on the balls of yarn within that she had spilled across the living room floor.
After assessing the damage, the dog, who was previously being coddled due to her post surgery status was hastily corralled with the other two in the non yarn parts of the house.
How does this happen you may wonder that an 11 year old dog decides to go on a late night yarn ravaging binge? I was wondering the same thing myself so I consulted with the veterinarian this morning. Tempest has been on steroids for 7 months which has altered her definition of edible drastically but thus far not so much as to include her mother's favorite hobby. She also had surgery ten days ago which clearly has given her Herculean powers to destroy and consume all that gets on her nerves.
The vets conclusion was that she is feeling a bit stir crazy! Sure OK that makes some sense, when I am stir crazy I reach for the knitting, not with my canines but we express ourselves differently Tempest and I, we always have. So, today I will take her for a nice walk and try to let this one go. She is not however to be trusted with the stash unsupervised ever again.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oy! OY!!!! I really, really hope the mess Tempest made wasn't too bad, hopefully there's still some of your yarn and knitting left ;) And I thought it's only cats that are the ultimate yarn-destroyers! Well, you proved me wrong!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com

Courtney Knits. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr