Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Wonderful Celebratory Saturday


Today is such a wonderful day! I am blocking lace and my husband was accepted to nursing school! Whew, this is such a serious weight off my shoulders folks, I can hardly believe it is true.
My husband has an undergraduate degree in Psychology which proves useful for playfully manipulating loved ones but not much else. He decided a year and a half ago that he would go back to school to be a nurse. He diligently took all of his science pre-requisites and was a model student in every way, only to apply and be rejected (one wait list...just to keep his hopes up) by every nursing program in the Portland area. So he got a job, phlebotomizing (yeah, I know?) at a plasma donation center (yeah, I know..) and re-applied. Our future has thus been up in the air for close to two years now...until yesterday when I came home from work to see a large manila envelope sticking out of our mail box. I saw that it was from a school and tore it open, probably shouldn't open others mail I know but I just couldn't help myself. This has been such a journey for us I almost feel like I was accepted! I popped open the bottle of pink bubbly that has been chilling in our fridge in preparation for this moment and met Morgan at the door with the letter.
Ah....once again can I tell you how relieved I am.....aah Thank Goddess!
Yes, the knitting you see here is a lace scarf in this amazing cashmere purchased at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, produced by Still Waters Cashmere in Twisp Washington. I am also blocking yet another baby hat which I finished this morning for my dear friends John and Christina who have a baby due on Christmas Day.

No comments:

Courtney Knits. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr